the Yuba Community College district and California State University, Sacramento, have joined together in a special relationship that is set to increase the student transfer rate.
CSUS and YCCD hope to increase the transfer rate of YCCD students to CSUS, the completion rate of these students once enrolled,and the number of students in targeted high schools who do not have a 4-year university as their ultimate goal. The recently signed “Memorandum of Understanding” will offer students several new transfer services.
The following services will be provided for Yuba students:
1. Transfer Admissions Agreements CSUS will offer joint admission to CSUS and YCCD to targeted 11th grade students. CSUS will offer a guarantee of admission to YCCD students through an agreement signed by the student early in his/her program that outlines the requisite course work. If successfully completed, the student is guaranteed admission to the university upon completion of their transfer course work at Yuba.
2. On-the-spot AdmissionOn-the-spot admission will be available to YCCD students. A CSUS representative will be on the Yuba campus periodically to assist students with the admission process.
3. Transfer SeminarsTransfer seminars will be conducted to inform students, identify the requisite courses for eligibility in various majors and submissions in general, and CSUS faculty will meet with students to address the career outlook in various majors.
4. Pre-Admission Advisingthe CSUS outreach/transfer counselor will offer pre-Admission advising hours on the Yuba campus.
5. Transfer Credit EvaluationStudents will have their academic transcripts evaluated by a CSUS counselor at Yuba during the on-the-spot admissions process prior to their matriculations to CSUS.
6. Peer Advisers/Interns
CSUS students will serve as peer advisers to prospective transfer students.
The Memorandum of Understanding goes into effect in September of 2001. For more information about the program contact the Transfer Center at 634-7767