Because the student trustee position did not receive an eligible applicant, the deadline for students to apply has been extended to May 17 at 3 p.m. Applications may be obtained at the registration office.
The role of student trustee is to represent all students in the Yuba Community College District-which includes Woodland, Colusa, Clear Lake, Beale and Marysville campuses-at monthly Board of Trustees meetings.
A student trustee has the same responsibilities as those of an elected trustee. He or she must be a contributing and ethical member of the Board, attend and participate in board meetings, act as a member of the board unit, prepare for monthly meetings and influence decisions by wisely participating in discussions.
The seat is open to any student within the district who meets the following qualifications:
1) Is a resident of California at the time of nomination and during the term of service
2) Has completed a minimum of 12 units with at least a 2.0 GPA prior to election
3) Is enrolled throughout the term of his/her appointment in at least five semester units
4) Maintains a minimum 2.0 GPA during the entire term of office, and
5) Remains a student in good standing